Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Week of Caloric Restriction - Day 3


Find your inner caveman with raw meat. (Photo by jlastras)

Oh boy. This is more difficult than I thought. I had one more meal (slightly less than 700 kcal) yesterday and didn't really feel satiated afterwards. When I went to bed all I could think of was food, food, food.

I slept terribly. I couldn't get any sleep for several hours, which probably had something to do with the hunger, and then I slept way too late. It's pretty frightening that I spent 13 hours in bed and didn't even feel refreshed in the morning. In fact, I was supposed to hit the gym today, but I didn't have the energy. Strangely though, I wasn't as hungry in the morning as I was when I went to bed, just fatiqued.

Currently, I'm feeling a little better. So far I've eaten only 585 kcal and am not that hungry. The trick is definitely to eat foods that have a high satiety index and a low calorie index, which make you feel full while consuming less energy. I started the day with some fruit, and for lunch I had a sort of a poor man's steak tartar with minced lamb, onion and egg yolk, all raw of course. If you've never tried raw minced meat, you should. Get in touch with those caveman instincts.

It's really quite incredible how much more fulfilling raw meat is compared to cooked meat, though I'm not sure how long the effect lasts. Nonetheless, I take comfort in knowing that I still have almost 1200 kcal to spend.

Go to next post on this experiment



Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Yahoo

1 kommenttia:

Anonymous July 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

Hi!
I know this experiment is kind of old. Are you still doing CR? Seems really hard. I would love to try raw meat but I'm not brave enough. What about bacterial infection/parasites? Are there any special precautions to take before eating raw meat? I heard that some people freeze it for a week before serving.

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP