Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Preventing Mouth Ulcers with Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste

I have two new experiments going on right now.

The first one is switching to a toothpaste without sodium lauryl sulfate to see whether it prevents mouth ulcers. I've had mouth ulcers since I was a child, and while not a terrible health hazard, they're definitely uncomfortable. One appears perhaps once every month or so, though it varies a lot. Sometimes I'll go for months with zero ulcers, and other times another one appears just as one has healed. I chose a tea tree oil toothpaste because it looked very convincing and tea tree oil is said to have antibacterial properties.

The other experiment has to do with B vitamins. I'll go into further detail later, but I'll begin the experiment by taking supplements that provide me with about twice the Recommended Dietary Allowance. I want to find out whether taking more than is officially suggested results in any positive or negative changes.

Go to next post on tea tree oil
Go to next post on vitamin B



Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Yahoo

0 kommenttia:

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP